This blog is merged with website Tec(hnology) Nerd www.tecnerd.com

To see latest posts click this link - www.tecnerd.com

New Feed address - http://feeds2.feedburner.com/tecnerd

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Creating SMS Alerts for your Calender

One of the best feature that I like about Google Calender is ability to create SMS alerts for events. So even if I am on the move, I get alerts from my calender right in my mobile through a text message.

In fact I have created a calender for "Birthdays & Anniversaries" and have setup alerts from my mobile. Now, I never miss a birthday or anniversary and I have lot of happy friends and relatives who love me for that.

Setting up is quite easy and secure (so that you do not get alerts of other person's calendar). To register your mobile phone with your calendar, you need to obtain a verification code from Google by following these steps:

1. On your calendar page click on "settings" at the top page.
2. Now you have several tabs, just select the "Notifications" tab.
3. In the "Phone number" field enter your phone number. Remember to enter it correctly.
4. Select your carrier (mobile service provider) from the drop-down menu.
5. Click on the "Send Verification Code" button and wait for a text message to be sent to your phone.
6. Once you receive this message, enter the code you received in your text message into the "Verification code" box and click on the "Finish setup" button.

Cool! Now you are ready for SMS alerts to your mobile from your Google Apps Calender. On any of your calender entry if you select "Reminder" option and in the drop down there you see SMS / Mobile option. Just select and you are ready to get a reminder.

No comments:

Dreamhost - the best Linux Hosting

Recent Posts

Blog Archive