This blog is merged with website Tec(hnology) Nerd www.tecnerd.com

To see latest posts click this link - www.tecnerd.com

New Feed address - http://feeds2.feedburner.com/tecnerd

Saturday, May 31, 2008

How to Measure Site usage statistics for Google Sites

Google Sites now provides a simple way to track site usage, by integrating with Google Analytics. This is available to Standard, Premier, Education and Team Editions using Language US English (New features are first released to US English)

Here is how to access this new feature:

  • Sign in to Google Sites
  • Open the site which you want to track
  • Click 'Site Settings'
  • Navigate to the settings page for 'Other stuff'
  • Check the box for 'Statistics' and paste your Google Analytics account ID in the box, and click 'Save changes'.
To get a Google Analytics account ID you'll need to sign in to your Google Analytics account with the site details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have control over 50 sites where I am the author and owner. They are all hosted on one dedicated server.

I have long used Google Analytics and have had no difficulty in adding each of my 50 domains to this service, and receiving my 50 different Google Analytics reports in any way that I customize and schedule them.

I used an outside consultant to embed the proper code in all 100,000 of my pages to allow Google Analytics to track activity on those pages.

It is not clear whether Google Aps adds in any way to this service? I am very pleased with Google Analytics and also with Google Aps (premium). Is there something I should know about Google Aps, to modify my Google Analytics services??

Karl Loren

Dreamhost - the best Linux Hosting

Recent Posts

Blog Archive